Today's Lunch: Crispy Aubergine

It is sunny,
yet it is still -5 degree,
and to me its also a gloomy day for a certain personal reason.

Anyway cos my up and down mood today, i actually feel lazy cooking. Its been days that I either skip breakfast or lunch and just do as simple as possible cooking cos this horrible mood. No experimenting at cooking lol. So, today I made crispy aubergine for lunch and I accompany it with rice. Also I fried paprika ring eggs and I topped it mozarella cheese. This paprika ring eggs was actually my menu for yesterday's breakfast and I topped it with gorgonzola cheese, but I love it and couldnt get enough of it yet so I make it again today for lunch with different kind of cheese.
Ring Paprika Egg

This crispy aubergine is a popular snack in Indonesia. Actually I never cook it and I did not know that it is popular until a year ago. So I think this might be popular after I left Indonesia lol. I tried a year ago to make it with my usual basic recipe for making crispy fried chicken but it was a total failure. I never tried making it again until today cos I still have some aubergine left in refrigerator and I have to use it before it gone bad.

Luckily this second trial is a success. The aubergine turns out really crispy and delicious. I will share the recipe, which is wowww the first time here. Because I was taught by my mother to keep any recipes secret to only family lol.
Crispy Aubegine


Ingredients:
Aubergine
Flour
Rice flour
Bread crumb
Cold water
Salt
Pepper
Cooking oil

Directions:
1. cut thin aubergine
2. in a bowl mix flour, rice flour, salt, pepper, and water
3. prepare bread crumb in another bowl
4. put aubergine in flour bowl
5. transfer the aubergine to bread crumb bowl and mix it so aubergine is covered with bread crumb
6. fry the aubergine until brown
7. enjoy

You can use sauce or mayonaise to accompany it. As for me I use sriracha hot sauce.

***notes : I cannot give the exact proportions of the ingredients. It is not because I do not want to, but merely because I cook by feeling.




Inggo Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram