Footprint in Berlin

If I was asked what city I love the dearest in Germany, I will immediately answer Berlin! It is big, it is beautiful, and it is cheap to travel here. A good combination, isn't it? I was there on 2013 for 3 days only for weekend getaway. Nida called me...and say let's go to Berlin! And the next day there we were without even booked any hotel hahaha.

It was all started from Berlin Hauptbahnhof or the central train station. Almost all main attractions in Berlin can be reached from Hauptbahnhof by walking.
The direction pole that located close to Berlin Hauptbahnhof which pointing out to the closer main attractions.
Introducing the woman in black, my partner in crime, the beautiful Nida.

Reichstag



The most critical or main attraction in Berlin is Brandenburger Tor. It is just like New York with it's Liberty Statue and Jakarta with it's Monas. You are never in Berlin if you weren't in Brandenburger Tor. The area in Brandenburger Tor is wide. We can enjoy the Brandenburger Tor from the bench, riding horse, bicycle, reading a part of history from the boards, or doing other activities.


We also went to the remain of Berliner Mauer or Berlin Wall in Checkpoint Charlie. Checkpoint Charlie was the checkpoint of US army which also served as the border between East and West Germany. The remains of Berlin Wall are located in many places. Nida and I also went to the one in Potsdamer Platz.
Bellevue Schloss (palace) is a very beautiful place to stare at. Many people stop by, sit, chit chat, and enjoy the sun here.

Museumsinsel or museum island is also a must to see in Berlin. It is called museum island because this is an area of many museums. Beside that at the end of this area lay Berliner Dom or the cathedral with it's big blue roof. Sadly I could not get inside because it was too crowded. One of the downside of a sudden journey, cannot book some main attractions that always are very crowded. 
Museumsinsel miniature.
Nida and I love museum so much. However we only got time to visit Bode Museum. We spent around 4 or 5 hours here.
This is the sculpture I like the most in Bode Museum. Sadly my camera cannot really do the job capturing its beauty.

Somewhere close to Brandenburger Tor. Another historical place. It has something to do with Russian
Memorials for the Jew victims during Nazi period.
Nida wanted to go to the zoo. So here we were at the Berlin Zoologischer Garten.
The sexy...I mean scary mister rattle snake. All snakes or everything with snakes is a male in my eyes. Beware of those sexy (scary) snakes, girls :p.

Hmm the massage from turtle, my best friend, really is the best...Hmm unlike you human, we still live closely (I don't even eat them!) although we are different species. 
I found this mister snake was a cutie with its green neon skin.
East side Gallery is a place with walls full of graphite paintings. I really enjoyed myself here walking and viewing the paintings.
Other sceneries and store etalase.
The woman clothes are German traditional clothes that often used in festival. For usual day, if you want to see them using this, you can go to Gaststätte or Gasthof, a typical German restaurant. The waitress there usually use this as their uniform.
Unfortunately I have not get another chance to visit Berlin yet. Next time it will be a planned one and I definitely make sure that I visited all the places I missed last time because I had not book the tickets.

Inggo Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram