Andaliman Baked Chicken

May day is a perfect long weekend. Sadly I did not plan anything, so I was just at home being lazy. Yesterday I end up cooking and baking all day instead. Evethough I had Fu Yung Hai prepared, I had this urge of eating baked chicken although i was already tired baking an Oreo Cheese Cake. In the end I made a baked chicken with andaliman.

Andaliman it self is a kind of pepper that in Indonesia grows only in my hometown only. It has a very unique taste und used in almost all Bataknese food. As a true bataknese, I could not help but craving for this pepper here in Germany. But if it is even hard to get in another part of Indonesia, you can imagine the chance of getting it here. Thus I brought it alot when I was home for last year Christmas.

So to say I marinated my chicken with pepper, andaliman, salt, and butter. I let it marinated for 10 minutes and as finishing I covered it with flour. I used just half of chicken thigh because I was thinking using the other half for making chicken udon today.


I enjoyed it with rice and sambal terasi. Sambal terasi is a hot sauce made with terasi (Indonesian Shrimp Paste). At the end I had a very juicy and lekker dinner!

Inggo Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram