The Originals vs The Vampire Diaries

photo credits to tvandfilmreview.com
Lets talk about TV shows lol.

I always have a thing for vampire, draculla, werewolf, zombie, and another creatures. I always am interested in finding films or tv shows about them that fit my taste. So last week I tried The Vampire Diaries from season 1. Since from episode 1, I find this is a lousy show. Totally not fit my taste! But I did not give up, I keep giving it a chance and watching until episode 5 patiently. And I decided to give up watching this. Well not totally give up, I still watch some episodes until season 6 but only like 15 minutes per episode just to make sure how it really is. And I come to one conclusion. I do not mean to offense any of The Vampire Diaries (TVD) fans, but my conclusion is TVD is sucks big time.

Then I scrolled up the streaming website I always use and find a show named The Originals (TO) on lists. I thought that it was a coincidence there is a show named TO just like the name of the original vampires in TVD. However I did not really pay attention to it and didnt try it out until it somehow mentioned by someone in the online game I am playing. So I tried it out and holla I totally love it. I am captivated since the first episode. It is a totally awesome show and I cant help but giving two thumbs up to the creator, since its still made by same creator but wow just wow totally different.

So to sum up, these are the differences I think between both of the shows :

The actors. TO has much beter actors than TVD. When I watched TVD for the first time, I am sorry to say either Stefan and Elena as main actors on season 1 did not capture my intention at all. Which to my understanding is a very crucial thing to be achieved by whoever main actors in any films or shows. Instead I was drawn by Caroline (Candice Accola), whom able to prove herself to me that she really is a good actress. However Elena (Nina Dobrev) has bad acting skills. I cannot differentiate between her and Katerine unless it mentioned the name. I think if she does not improve her acting skills, she will not have future in the industry. One more I would like to critic is Stefan. His acting is a total joke to me pffft. 

Meanwhile TO has great actors. Klaus is interpreted well, a vicious brat. Rebekah a proud yet fragile vampire. Elijah eventhough described as nobel but he is still mysterious and has dark side. Last but not less, Marcel is also successfully intrepeted. I was drawn by all the main casts since the first episodes.

The plot. TVD focus on triangle love. I am not a girl who lives in la la love land, so this show seriously not fit my taste. I like vampires and I do not mind if there is some love aspect included in any vampire shows. But if the aspect is like 90%, it can just go to hell. I mean...seriouslyyyy??!!! We are talking about a vicious creature which is immortal and of course has too many bad things done in life and all you can mentioned is love?! All things in TVD are all always around Elena and Stefan or Elena and Damon. Thus I prefer TO which talk very less about love and focus more on conflicts between creatures and witches.

Actually I have a lot more I want to talk about both shows but lets end it here for now. I will continue later when I have the time.

Ps. Please be reminded this all is my pure opinion. So you might feel different or maybe offense because I talk crap about your favorite tv shows. Please dont. 



Inggo Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram