Tofu!!!

It is one of my most favorite foods, which sadly is very hard to get here in this small city I live. So whenever I had chance visit my friends whose living in bigger cities, I always bought them lol.
I mean, I can still find tofu in some supermarkets here, but they are German's tofu, which to my tongue tastes very weird and not delicious at all. However last week when I went to DM, I found tofu made from almond nuts and I decided to buy it.

That day I made a lot of trips with my bike. I went to DM, organic supermarket, and asian grocery which all are located in different directions. Imagine how tired I was when I back home. Anyway when I was at asian grocery, there they are, sitting on the freezer...tofu!!! Asian (firm) tofu!!! OMG I was very excited! Finally they sell it! Whenever I shop there I always browse through the possibilities of they selling tofu. Finally after almost one and half year I am able to eat tofu again.

Here are what I turn my firm tofu into:

1. Five Spiced Tofu
My own creation that is unbelievably delicious, a lil bit too hot tho. I remember to jot down the recipe this time! I really need to make an archive of my recipe inventions hufff. I had created tasty foods when I was experimenting, but I always forget to take notes of them and I end up forget how to get the same taste as the first try. Anyway I mixed it with potato (because thats the only one I have at the time), but I can imagine how great it will be if I mix it with cashew (my favorite nut), bok choy or morning glory.




2. Fried Tofu with Indonesian's Sambal
A very simple dish that taste so damn delicious. Sambal is a hot sauce made from chili and tomato.













3. Noodle Soup with Meat Balls and Tofu
I actually wanted to finish all the tofu left prior to make this. However, I suddenly want to have tofu soup, so I end up making this. I mixed it with meat balls because I still want to make something with tofu the next time and I only have few left lol. Meat balls is always a good company to any soup but I personally think that it will give richer taste if I put boiled egg.

Anyway this is also my own recipe





4. Mushroom and Tofu with Garlic Sauce
Okay, seriously I have been trying to get delicious garlic sauce for like forever and I always am disappointed. This is also add the list. I mean it is okay and edible, but it still is not the taste I am looking for. It still lacks something and I do not know what is it. I love garlic. It gives wonderful taste on cooking, however finding a really delicious garlic sauce is a hard homework to me. 




P.S.
I have not used the almond tofu because it has longer expiration date. Besides I still do not have any idea what to do with it lol.

Inggo Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram